Thursday, May 22, 2008

Diary of a MadWoman

Insomnia is my BFF.

It's 2:15 AM, and yes, I DO have to be at work tomorrow...and I have NO reason for being awake...

So, I have been updating my Myspace Page. SO, WHAT OF IT? Anyway, it has been a long time coming...and anyway, I arrived at the "HEROES" section, and I realized that I didn't have any! I mean, yes, JESUS. But while He is a hero, that's not what the section is asking...I think that as a group, we feel like Jesus is "the right answer"--I mean, we all know that he's the ALPHA and OMEGA...Savior...Abba...Father...so, it stands to reason that He's also a HERO...but when I started thinking of LIVING HEREOS, i realized that i didn't have any! i mean, i know COOL people...i have people that i RESPECT...i have people i ADMIRE...but no real HERO...and then i felt BAD...and i thought i was DOING SOMETHING WRONG? i mean, i spend time with GOOD, GROWING people...so, i should have one of these said Heroes...right? what makes a person a hero? helping a sick child? rescuing a cat from a tree? a large financial contribution? seriously? EMAIL ME (tammyalthaus@yahoo.com) if you think you know the answer.

Ha...and so someone asked me WHY to blog. I have no idea. I'm sure there's a REASON that a person first STARTED to blog...forum, communication, ideas...but now it's just another..."thing." i blog just because i have a lot of emotions. I AM WOMAN. estrogen is my soul mate. who knows if it's a gift or a curse...but it's mine...all mine... :)

ok, i'm going to go do 100 crunches, give myself a facial, floss my teeth (ugh. eww. i should delete that...but i'm not going to)...drink some water...and hopefully fall into a deep slumber.

Sleep Tight...and if the bed bugs bite...then WASH YOUR SHEETS, Linus. :)

1 comment:

Beth Anne said...

If you notice, my heroes happen to be Harry Potter & Scarlet O'Hara! Slaying dragons & being a raging witch-with-a-b tends to top my list of heroic activities, though.