Saturday, May 17, 2008

5 Ways to be a Great...PERSON...and Friend

Peek-a-boo...yes, it APPEARS as if I ABANDONED my blog. I really am NOT the kind of girl, who starts something without finishing it...but LIFE as I know it, calls me in a MILLION different directions, of which I am only HALFWAY capable of conquering...thanks to a few great friends!

First and LAST here...I thrive because I have mature, intelligent, witty, beautiful friends...and they hang around me because I reciprocate...well, ha...I didn't just mean to CLAIM beauty, but my point is that life is about companionship...so, CONQUER IT!

1. BE A GOOD LISTENER. duh. AND BLECK. We all want to offer COUNSEL, but a friend in need...is a FRIEND, WHO NEEDS TO WHINE, AND CRY, AND COMPLAIN FOR A FEW MINUTES before you offer a realistic solution.
2. BE QUIET. Men struggle with this FAR LESS than estrogen-pumping women...if he/she tells YOU then he/she tells YOU...not YOUR mutual friend, brother, sister or family member...so, MUMS THE WORD.
3. BE POSITIVE. BUT don't be a cheerleader...in the darkest moment of greatest despair, your FRIEND doesn't want to hear that it will "be OK..." save the Cliche responses for your Sunday School Teacher...be real...and be optimistic.
4. Be Present. Don't ENABLE whiny people to CREATE their misery, but if you have a real friend, who's generally grounded and happy, and he/she tells you they have a problem, then STOP YOUR LIFE to listen...it's 30 minutes out of your day...and 30 years back to their life.
5. Enjoy the reward. What goes around, comes around. How great is it to be there for a friend...and have them there for you?

No comments: